Tuesday, May 4, 2021

There's a fox behind you... and she has a new CD!

This morning I was out walking Koan and a guy drove by in a silver van, rolled down his window and said to me, "Watch out, there's a fox behind you." I said, "Um, ok thanks." He drove on. I looked behind us but spotted no fox. They can be stealthy creatures, though in my experience not something to worry about unless you are a small, furry rodent or bunny. Tollers are bred to mimic the antics of foxes when hunting, so perhaps he thought he was making a sly joke about Koan? Unlikely, as most people we meet don't have any idea what a Toller is. We continued on our walk. A block from home, I spotted an actual fox trotting through a front yard and down the street with breakfast in its mouth. I hope it was a bunny or rodent, and not one of the neighbor's very small dogs.

Last weekend Koan earned her second and third Novice obedience legs, completing the requirements for her CD (Companion Dog) title. She was a most enthusiastic worker both days. Her happy expression and constantly wagging tail gained her a lot of compliments even though she was not in the placements either day. However, I'll take that attitude over all else any day. My friend Sheila was nice (sneaky) enough to record our Saturday run and my friend Susan took a new title shot for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment