Saturday, February 23, 2019

It's been a while...

On and off since the fall of 2014 I've been dealing with personal family issues that have taken my time and attention away from Tollers. That's pretty much Koan and Baco's entire lifespan, so they have not received the amount of training and attention I expected to devote to them when I made the (somewhat crazy) decision to breed two litters in 2014 only seven weeks apart in age and to keep a puppy from each. I can't really make up for the time lost and don't intend to stress myself out trying, but in the past year I've slowly been able to get back into some of the dog sports I love, primarily agility. Koan and Baco have a lot of drive and biddability in this venue and in the past few months, I'm finally starting to see things come together when we are trialing.

Koan recently finished her AXJ title and got her first leg for her AX. She is speedy but relatively steady and likes to keep her eye on me while running.

Koan's AXJ title run
Koan's AX first Q run

Baco is something else entirely, but what an interesting something else he is! It still amazes me that he has turned into such a crazy agility dog. He gets many compliments from people who watch him run, even when he doesn't Q, which is often!

Baco AX run
Baco AXJ run




No comments:

Post a Comment